Cancer post 3

 I was in North Carolina for the week, and it was lovely! I was here this time last year and I was a very different person. Much more carefree, much less anxiety, and more energy. Life felt simpler and mortality felt much farther away. 

I've always been a glass half full kind of person and I'm almost always looking for bright spots in my life. Cancer has been no exception. I will admit that it has been a lot harder to find bright spots in my life these days, but I'm still trying because otherwise life becomes unbearable for me. In that vein, I did several very short walks, swam in perfectly cold rivers, and enjoyed a day on a beautiful lake. I also had some hard days. 

Thankfully, all the people in my life (the easiest bright spots to find) have be infinitely kind and patient about sitting with me while I have my bad days where I just let myself wallow in the pain and sadness of losing the life I built for myself and learning to live with the one I've been given. Right now, I'm trying to take life day by day and not think about what the future looks like too much. This is hard, so if you have any advice on how to do that, let me know! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancer post 1

Cancer post 2