An intro of sorts...

  I talk a lot.  Like, a lot, a lot.  Anyone who knows me can attest to this.  Anyone who's met me for longer than 10 minutes could probably back this statement up.  I think about this a lot too.  I usually need to talk about things to fully process them, so when something big happens, I usually talk a lot more.  But, once you leave college, if you don't happen to belong to a Ya-Ya Sisterhood-type group of friends, finding people to spend long hours visiting is hard. 
  I used to think that I would just luck into that kind of person when I eventually got married, but the more I get to know guys, the more I realize that most of them are as titillated with the idea of "talking about our feelings" as chick-flicks would have you believe.  
  Then I thought I would find the group of friends to do a "Sex and the City" type deal, but then I realized that those groups of women don't usually jive with who I am.  I don't enjoy packs of people, and I don't love the idea of belonging to a pack.  Also, all of the main characters in that are largely self serving, and pretty wrapped up in their own worlds, and I can't see someone willingly spending that much time with any of them.  
  So then I thought "Therapy!  Therapy forever!"  I would basically be paying someone to sit and listen to my boring life with all the petty drama that a 1st and 2nd grade teacher has going on.  But, therapy costs money that I don't always have.  
  Then I turned to online dating.  There are scores of men just desperate enough to sleep with someone that they'll listen to all kinds of dumb thoughts running through my head.  But then I realized that this is a pretty cruel way to treat another human being, and I'd hate to be on the receiving end of such treatment, so that brings me to this: A blog.  
  A Blog is s shout out to the void, hoping that someone is listening, even if the person is just a future version of yourself that will wish you hadn't written things like this.  
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Control freak

Fantastic expectations

Stuff